Crème renversée au caramel
For the mixture:
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract
4 cups of milk (or 3 1/2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of 15% cream)
For the caramel:
1/2 cup + of sugar
1/2 cup – of water
Step 1: Prepare the Caramel
Mix water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil (medium-high) until mixture turns brown. Spread caramel as evenly as possible across the bundt pan. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Mixture
1. Preheat oven to 295 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Bring milk and vanilla extract to a boil. Add sugar and maintain heat for 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and add heated milk, vanilla, and sugar.
4. Pour mixture into bundt pan.
5. Place the bunt pan in a large baking pan and add warm water. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. When cool, ease out of the mold using knife (if necessary) and turn over swiftly onto serving dish. Refrigerate.